Wednesday 25 June 2014

Tearful, Joyful Gratitude

I pause,
stopping the tense business, the gardening, chores, the typing  to think of what I am grateful for.
 As soon as the word gratitude rises up, tears spring to my eyes,  for I am aware of mercy and forgiveness
 in my spirituality with God,  my husband, kids and kid’s kids.
 I am acutely aware of the fragility of life after almost loosing a daughter in childbirth and now a younger brother-in-law soon to cancer

 The last two weeks I have
  • attended a daughter’s university graduation
  • celebrated 3 birthdays and Father’s day by making gifts and food for large gatherings
  • helped install  wood flooring in ANOTHER daughter’s new house
  • then helped her move and clean her old and new house.
  •  went to a land/lord tenant mediation meeting for a crazy, mean, illegal landlord for my youngest…and won
  • spent 6 hours house hunting in town for next term’s housing for this youngest daughter
  •  helped with a colicky newborn for a fourth daughter..
  •  plus dealt with learning that one of my husband’s younger brothers has months to live with cancer..
yet, I am aware of beauty surrounding me,

pressing in on all sides.
a plethora of flowers, trees and birds
 




   the joy of creating with words
the joy of crafting  with my crochet hook and yarn

In short, I am tearfully grateful.

.
I a

No comments:

Post a Comment