Monday 14 July 2014

Dreams

A writing prompt asked about our dreams and nightmares.
At the moment I do not recall any recent nightmares, though a few strange dreams have haunted me for decades. One dream that lingers even in my conscious mind is an image of a city. All the low, square, flat-topped buildings are made out of a yellow/ orange brick without any doors or window. The narrow road between the buildings is paved with the same bricks and there is not a tree, flower, blade of grass and neither are there any people in this scene. It is sunny, warm and silent as I wander up and down the narrow pathways, turning corners and walking slightly uphill but I am completely alone. I am searching for a window, door, person, anything but to no avail.
Try figuring out that scenario.
Deep down I must still long for more interaction, life and contact with nature. Quite odd, given that I lived with nine kids, a husband, a menagerie of animals and in the middle of the country surrounded by gardens, trees, open fields and groves of trees. Most of all I long for a deeper intimacy with God. Just saying these words brings tears to my eyes and an ache in my heart and soul.
Any persistent dreams of your own?
Dreams and nightmares are the window to your core self
Dreams and nightmares are elusive.
Dreams play hide and seek with our rational intellect because they rise up only when our cognitive brain shuts down.
Dreams are one of the languages of the subconscious and our deepest soul but the language is not logical. It is intuitive, creative, and one of the languages of the Spirit, using imagery, symbolism and deep-rooted, strong emotions.
The right brain cannot be understood with our left-brain. We love our left-brained life because we can control and train it with our wills. Our right brain simply laughs at our feeble attempts to rein it in. If we shut out our intuition, creativity and the life of our spirit, it surges up like a volcano at night, when we are sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. http://vivificat1.blogspot.com/search/label/Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fascinating- I would say that this is a prophetic dream..from my position as a convert, I was repulsed by the Catholic Church, felt sure she was the whore of Babylon, based on heresy. Black Towers of false teaching were knocked down by God and I HAD to ask Mary to step on the head of the snake to free me

      Delete